The University of Portsmouth hosted a meeting to discuss its approach to the Covid crisis. PDPLA Committee member Simon Davidson attended and took notes....
(Edit: This item was written before the illegal street rave outside Margaret Rule halls involving 50 revellers which has resulted in police action and at least one student being suspended ahead of disciplinary action)
1. They spoke mainly about the large Halls very little was said about HMO`s or small houses and Flats.
2. There are 2 test centers for Students and staff and at present there are 144 positive tests of which 46 are Asymptomatic.
The university are testing about 10% every 2 weeks randomly.
3. From the local police, PCC and Student union there has been a small amount of reports concerning bad behaviour from the students and lower than previous years,but the Police will be enforcing the rule more firmly and issuing more fines.
4. There has been no large outbreak of the virus in any of the Halls so far.
5. The vice chancellor confirmed the university is financially secure.
6. The student union has contacted most of the Students (not sure if this was only 1st years or all students) with information on how to deal with the Virus and what to do if they think they have symptoms. "So far the students have responded very well in dealing with the virus"
Written & oral information and advice from the Portsmouth & District Private Landlord's Association is given in good faith, but no responsibility whatsoever is accepted by the Association or it's officers for the accuracy of it's information & advice nor shall the Association be held responsible for the consequences of reliance upon such information.